My friends and I are holding a show on August 30, 2014 7PM at The Bulb Studios (Makati City). We'd be showcasing our skills with various props as well as our thoughts and feelings through the various performances that night. We hope you could come and join us. See what's in the world we're seeing and maybe the magic of flow arts will captivate you as well.
The artists who would be performing are:
- Mic Callo
- Mic is a performer who is adept at using various props like poi, hoops, contact staff, and even aerial hoop. She is also a teacher of flow arts like poi and hoops. One of the things I love about her performances is how she incorporates her love of dance while spinning.
- Clair Ching
- That's me! I am a hooper who started out by finding a way to get regular exercise. I really like the technical aspects of hooping but lately I've been learning how to dance because of it. ;)
- Thea Gloria
- Thea is a pretty amazing young woman! She's so full of energy when she spins poi and dances with her hoop. You have to see her perform and be drawn to her vibrant style.
- Oli Khosiking
- I love watching Oli spin and I think you would too. He's got pretty poi skills and my heart stops whenever he does his tosses and catches them precisely. And I love his song choices so I can't wait for the day of the performance.
- Alvin Lopez
- Alvin is a master of isolation hoops. I first saw him in flow arts fest with various props doing contact juggling, hoops and a couple more. In the last 2 years, he's been getting much better with his technique as well as footwork.
- Ehrlich Ocampo
- He is also known as FireChill. He's really versatile in terms of his dancing skills. When he mixes his dance techniques with his poi and levitation stick moves, he's someone to really enthrall the crowd. Must be some kind of magic? Yes!
- Star Ore
- Love the way Star hoops! His performances always have a story and it shows in the way he prepares his props, costume, makeup and hoop moves. You will definitely see how much he loves his art and you can't help but do so too.
- Hanz Pastor
- When I first met Hanz in a spin jam, he was mostly drumming. These days, he sometimes performs with his S-staff while the drum group he belongs to would continue playing the music. He explores his chosen prop with a passion you can't help but see.
- Paulino Servado III
- You must have seen Paulino in various events as part of the Planet Zips group. He's got so many years of experience as a performer and up to now I get mesmerized when I watch him spin. There's just something about the way he gives life to the poi.
So please come and watch us! :) We want to give you guys a glimpse of our lives as flow artists who can't help but spin (and anti-spin!) everything. ;)