I like doodling and crafting as stress relievers. Aside from getting a chance to do something good with my hands instead of typing long dramatic blog entries, I end up with something positive.
So this mini top hat is one of them stress relievers. One of my co-workers wanted to borrow a headdress from me but I thought that a mini top hat suits her outfit. I offered to make her one and I am not even sure if she thought I was serious about it. (lol) Anyway, I was glad I did offer to make her one and because sewing up one will take too long and I didn't have my sewing kit with me, I decided to get some scrapbooking stuff and other supplies from the nearby bookstore. XD
How did I make this hat?
- I drew 3 circles on the black cartolina. 2 big ones and a small one. The 2 big ones are for the brim and the other is for the top part of the hat. I also cut a 2.5 in high rectangle. This is the main body of the hat.
- I cut all these pieces. I also cut several strips of cartolina. I used those other strips to make connecting pieces from the body to the top and from the body to the rim of the hat.
- Putting them together wasn't too hard. I made a cylinder from the rectangle. Big enough to go around the smaller circle. I glued together the top part with 4 small strips of cartolina then glued them to the body of the hat. I used 3 big strips to connect to the body of the hat to one of the bigger circles.
- I decorated the hat with the ribbons and flowers.
- On the other bigger circle, I made some slits where the long black ribbon passed through. The slits are in the center. I attached that other circle to the main hat.
It was quick and easy! Especially because I used Mighty Bond. (lol) That was really fun. XD I feel like pushing through with my beret project. And the newsie too.